Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ha Ha... another on the same exact day...

Ok so I didn't know what to write about but I wanted to write sooo badly. so I will write about the movie that I just watched.

It's called before Sunset. it is a Sequel to before sunrise. a movie that came out in 2004 with Ethan Hawke and somebody else. Wow he looks Gaunt. I can't tell if I like him better this way or with more meat on his bones.

This is a bad sequel. but I think that I would have liked this movie if I hadn't ever watched the first one. The first one was intense. Not Action packed and not Uber Romantic, just very deep with meaning and emotion that was under the dialogue. I like that. I like movies that are puzzles. I like to have to deduce what someone is really thinking or feeling about a situation or events in a persons life. I hate it when everything is worn on the actors sleeve, out for everyone to see and know exactly what is going on with them. I find that anymore movies are that way. We as a species want to have a quick fix to our problems by escapism. we don't want to look at the human condition and see if we fit into the story that we are observing on the screen. We want Spider man or the Incredible Hulk up there, because that is ultimate escape to us. we are not a super hero up on the screen fighting the super villain. so we then feel safe. that none of our problems are out there waiting to bite us in the ass on the screen.

I think that Escapism is great.

I don't see anything wronge with it. I use my own form of escape. I just found one here. This Blog is definately an escape from reality. I can pretend that I am just writing down my thoughts and feelings and that nobody is listening. it's like talking to someone who can't respond. I like it. I can do whatever I want whenever I want and you can't do anything to interupt or change the topic. you could leave. but as far as Iknow you were never there to start with, or will always be there.

but I also really like to look at the human condition and see myself glaring back on the screen. I think that it is a form of the shadow process that is taught most effectively to me by Debbie Ford. I see on the screen parts of me. some parts I like, others I want to throw something at.

Like for example... Have you ever watched the movie Just Married, with Ashton Kutcher and somebody... I cannot stand the character that Ashton Kutcher plays. I cannot watch that movie without wanting to hit him with a tow truck filled with boiling acid that would leak just enough to burn him slowly up with no release from the pain. (thank god i am not a violent person) So I really have to take a step back and think about that character, what about him makes me soo mad. well he is arrogant selfcentered and I cannot believe that he was in Paris and chose to watch a baseball game there instead of going to a museum. I hate the way that he can't just say oops, I made a mistake. and how he thinks that he can do everything even though he is warned not to. He is to me the view the french have of Americans. so why does that bother me sooo badly. well maybe because it is my shadow that I have been trying to cover up for so long that I can only see it in other people. Well that is a hard one for me to accept that that is part of me as well. But i am thinking it over. if you have any ideas that might help me with this reguard, please shove them up your ass. Thank you.

NE way... who knows if any of this made any sense or if anyone will ever read this again... I know I won't.

Movies are a great escape just remember not to let them take you away from the present. Is what I say to myself.

anyway

ttfn
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style