Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fashion and Metrosexual Dumb Asses

Ha...

This prooves it...

There is no "Originality" when it comes to fashion. it's all been done before. and it will all be done time and time again.

As prooven by this website http://fashion-era.com/

This shows that even nipple piercings were fashionable way before the Punk era.

Sorry Goths you aren't original either, eye makeup and the Pasty look predate you a long time. (like there was any doubt, especially if you bought it @ Hot topic, In THE MALL)

Hippies, Just because you bought it @ a Thrift Store doesn't mean it isn't trendy. Especially if all your hippie friends are doing it too.

It actually sounds like the only people who aren't trendy are the Trendy ones... the ones who buy all of the latest Fashions because they like them and change every other season.

Now of coarse that isn't the majority of these Trendyites. They also follow the crowd like sheep.

What is my point here, my point is that we all follow the crowd to one extent or another. That is why we live in a 2 party Government that is basically the same Party. So what I am trying to say is not that everyone that are followers are bad, just that we shouldn't define ourselves by what we wear. We should realize that it all comes down to Communication. What are we communicating to the world about how we live and what we find important.

Ok now I do have some real beef to pick with some people.

Metrosexuals...

What the Hell...

Who decided they were necisary.

Alright, I thought they were a great Idea when I first heard of them. The Idea of a straight man dressing up nice and taking a, heaven forbid, shower once in a while sounded like great fun to me. I watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy as much as I could. But now it seems to be backfireing on me.

I mean I can't tell anymore... Who is Gay? Who is Straight?

It's hard enough being a Gay man in this world without this craziness.

Especially in Provo Utah. I think that the Boys of Brigham Young University started the Metrosexual movement. Because it still is like the 70's here. If you are gay you are kicked out of this school and then probably Excomunicated from the LDS church (very christ-like). So there are alot of Closet Cases running around. and the funny part is that there are ALOT of Gay men going to BYU. I think that the ratio is much higher @ BYU than the National Average (all you MDT Majors, you know who you are). So they are still Fronting, Dating women, and Icky Stuff like that. So women started to expect the men to dress nicely once in a while, take them dancing, Take SHOWERS, Enjoy the finer things in life. so the only way for the straight man to compete is to do those things. HA HA so really it is the fault of Homophobia that the metrosexual man exists.

Well NE way... Now you can't tell. Who IS Gay?

well I will get off this soap box for now

ttfn
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style