Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I am in Utah!!!

Well I am in Utah and am having a good time pretending that I am an adult. I even have a 9-5 job and an apartment that has furniture and food. I still don't have a way to get around other than the generous support of my loving brother James, but other than that I feel responsible.

I always think that it is funny to think about what I find to be responsible and what the culture around me finds to be responsible. I think that it is odd that my views of responsibility are still limited to that mold of 9-5 same old same old lifestyle. People say, especially my Grandfather, that I should be getting ready to settle down, whatever that means. That I should start thinking of raising a family and get a "real" job. I find that funny to think that I have the type of job and lifestyle that alot of people think they wanted when they were my age. I work for a company that I believe in. I travel with that company all over the United states. I am in management. I make enough money to take 3 months off and survive if I so choose without a job.

The crazy thing is that I feel almost excited when I think of settling down and getting a husband and a family and getting a steady job that pays well and buying a house and setting down roots. I wonder if that is what I really want, or if that is just conditioning set in by years of listening to what others think that I should be doing rather than what I want. Would I be settling if I decided to go for a regular job that I didn't travel with or have all of the time off that I have? or am I settling now?

It's a mystery. One that I want to look into more in depth.

Well I will try to Blog a little more often now that I have a desk job and some time on my hands.

dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style