Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Peer Presure at it's best (or worst)

I can't believe that I still fall for peer presure at 24. last night my brother and Best friend convinced me to call in sick to work today. For reasons that neither of them really had anything to do with me. it was more of a selfish thing on both of their parts. one wanted to not be bored today while they were home alone and the other wanted company watching a movie of all things. which is not a group activity at all. And me being the follower that I am decided to go for it. doesn't that suck booty. Because now all one wants to do is sleep and the other just wants to clean the house and do laundry. So here I sit doing basically what I would have been doing at work just not getting paid for it. I am soo silly. What is it about other people that make me want to please them more than myself. I don't understand. Caroline Myss once asked for everyone in her class to ask themselves how much they do for the sheer reason of not to be humiliated. I don't really respond well to that vocabulary, I don't tend to be humiliated. But I do do things to please people. I think that it is something that is in part built into me based on the culture that I was brought up with. "I will be proud once you have completed A. B. C... etc." But there comes a point in my life when I can't blame that on someone else. I have got to have the resolve of a Mystic, as Caroline Myss puts it. I have to make a decision and not go back on it. When I decide that I am going to Go to work to get money then I need that to be the end of it. No convincing can ever change that for personal reasons that don't affect me and aren't beneficial to me. I have got to... no strike that ... I WILL start living my life to my benefit. I WILL stop living it in the shadow of what I think other people think of me and what I think that they expect of me. Which is always a chalenge especially this time of the year when I go to Christmas with my extended family. their expectations are aparent in just the way that they look at you. But I Won't let that stop anything.

NEway...

I think I might be using this as Therapy. I think that is healthy isn't it? An un-biased listener that won't put opinion where it doesn't belong. or maybe it will... I haven't gotten any response from the 125 or so people who have viewed my blog just from the time that I put the counter up on it. Any way...

Have a good day and let your resolve for the future of your life be as steadfast as a Mystic, that you can make decisions once, that those decisions will be for your own good and therefore to the benefiet of everyone around you.

dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style