Monday, March 28, 2005

My mind is reeling

I am now sitting up in my bed writing this @ 1:42 AM…

I can’t sleep.

Why?

Who knows, maybe because there is enough light coming through my door from the hallway to read by? Maybe because there is enough light from outside to count the wrinkles in my sheets. All coming from lights that people leave on for heaven only knows why. Maybe it’s so in case the deer need a midnight snack. Or in case the Boogey man comes and they need to SEE him before he eats them… like somehow that makes him eating you better.

I find that we give a lot of room to those who are “needy”. There are people in this world who can take whatever they want because they throw a pity party for themselves every five minutes if you protest their demands. For example… if I say… turn off the hall light, someone will complain because they “need” the lights on in order to sleep. Well what about my need to sleep. Am I being selfish by asking for that need to be met? It’s not that unreasonable… I mean light is bad for your eyes in the night time when you are sleeping. Its even bad for the environment to leave lights on all the time… not to mention all of the electricity we waste with it being on ALL NIGHT LONG. But no, we need to roll over for the person who “needs it in order to sleep”.

I find that in a lot of places. For example, people with mental disabilities. I am having a real hard time with that one right now. How come do I have to give everything to someone and just roll over when I am hurt by someone, just because they have a disability?

I know that this is very unPC but I never claimed to be PC and this is my Blog so whatever. But I am sick of it.

I am sick of being nice. I am sick of rolling over. I want to just yell out right now for someone to turn out that Damn light.

But then I have to stop and ask. How many people are writing a Blog about what I do that annoys them. How many times do I get what I want and someone else is left with something they didn’t want.

And I have to admit, they asked for what they want, and Got It. What is the difference between them and me? I never ask. I just complain about it on my Blog.

Well thank god that I have a vent like this to keep me from yelling out at 2 in the morning and making everyone mad at me for being the Ass hole that is “needy”.

And… hehe… Aren’t I being needy for needing the light off?
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style