Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A thought on Angst

I decided that I like teen angst.

I hated it when I was a teenager. maybe I was too immature, or maybe to mature. but I never went through the Angst phase of teenagerdom. sur my parents think that I did. because they had to harp on me to get me to do the things that they thought were "good" for me. and so they thought I was hell because I didn't want to go to scouts becasue I thought it was mostly a waste of time. I instead wanted to spend my time at Marching band where I learned more discipline and life skills than I ever could have in scouts. or they wanted me to get "good" grades. when I knew all through school that Grades mean nothing except that you did what the teacher said you should do. Instead I decided to learn what I wanted to learn and not care about my grades. And now to this day I haven't been in a conversation about something that matters where I haven't been able to at least make inteligent conversation.

But I never went through the phase of "I don't give a Damn, you don't understand me, you never let me... your too old to understand." I don't know maybe my parents would be able to let you know better. I am sure that my grandparents or anyone of my aunts and uncles would let you know exactly what angst I went through and am going through today.

NE way... I digress. My point is that I think that it can be an important part of development. I don't know why yet. but it seems that we all need to rebell against something for a while. I know that people take it too far and become the stupid "oh woe is me, my life sucks".

NE way...

I don't think that I am making any sense now so I need to leave and goto bed

tired and delusional
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style