Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Speech... with the Love and Gratitude Crystal


Well here it is...

Finished copy of the Best Man speech that I will be giving @ Josh and Jenna's wedding Reception.

Good Evening, My name is Daniel. I have the happy Duty to be Josh’s Best Man, therefore, the less so, but not unhappy, duty to give a Best Man Speech. I will try to keep it short so in case you don’t find it interesting or funny you can at least compliment its length.
I have what I call a creative memory so if the facts don’t sound too accurate… Well … hopefully my way of telling it at least has entertainment value.
I met Josh in the 6th grade. I had just moved into a new home and he was one of my first new friends, he invited me to play soccer and we’ve been friends ever since.
Junior High… What can I say about Junior High, omitting of course the things we try to strike from our memory and never talk of again, I remember something about “Romping around a tree” and getting away with whatever we wanted in Computer Club.
Moving on to High School, which is much less scary to talk about, we attended Marching Band, helping our school win State Competition, went on our first dates together, and even found our love of Theatre there as well.
After high school he got us our first theatre jobs working for the School Stage Crew for the Summer, then again to work for the Provo Theatre Company.
After that we have gone on to different things. Myself, I Quit college for a while and now live a Nomadic lifestyle Bouncing around for my job. He as you probably know is in College and that is how he met his beautiful Wife, working at BYU.
Through all of our experiences together Josh has been a wonderful and True friend, and I am proud that I can call him such. He is a good man and will make a great husband, so congratulations to you Jenna.
Also just from the short time I have spent with Jenna I know she will be a wonderful addition to your life so congratulations to you Josh.
From what I see of the two of you just being here for a few days I see that this is truly a good match. Even though you definitely don’t need it, I give you my seal of approval.
True Happiness seems to be found in the present moment, and everything else just takes care of itself. You both emanate true happiness which makes everyone around you the more happy, and I thank you for it. May you find happiness in every moment, and may you always find home wherever the other is found.
The End. (or however you end these things)


What do you think...

its very short, but I am ok with that... in fact I kindof like that. Because I don't really look forward to this speech. It is also a Dry wedding so I don't know how to end it, do I still toast or do I go on with buisness as usual.

ne way
this makes me think of this picture and pictures are my favorite.


I can't wait to get married and have a family.

I just won't wear anything like that.
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style