Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Putting Belief into practice

I believe that we create our own reality. and if we aren't getting what we want we actually don't really want that or we are not asking for it correctly.

Well damn it... I am putting that belief into practice.

I am currently in "Negotiations" with my Job @ Omega. ooohhh... that makes it sound so important and adult. But it is crazy because I have never done this before. I mean I have always been fine with the amount of money that has been offered to me. and I have just gone with the flow, not that the flow has been bad to me, it's just that I have never really cared about how much money I make, as long as I have my needs met and my greatest wants met. but the funny thing is my needs and wants have changed. So drastically in fact that I feel I really must make a change in the Flow. I made the mistake of getting on a website, payscale.com that told me how much the going rate is for people like me in this buisness. Not Good! I am drastically underpaid. Which I guess is par for course with the company that I work for and that is part of the charm of working there, but this was ridiculous. I mean I couldn't even make it slightly better by putting in my Room and Board as compensation. I am not even making half of the bottom of the rung. So that I am making a change. And it seems to be working beautifully. I mean... I don't know the final outcome, but my boss is going to bat for me with the higher ups to get me what I want. Yeah!!! Even then I won't be getting near what I would in the "real" world. (Aparently Omega is removed from the real world) But even so it is a start in asking for what I want and who knows maybe in the near future I might be able to ask for a "real" job that will get me the salary and benefiets that I have earned.

dlb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Negotiating sucks. Apparantly the universe has decided that you are an advanced student and is just making your studies more challenging!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style