Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today I am gay!


so I try not to label myself as gay. I don't think that it should be that big of a deal that I need to make it my identity. Yes I am gay, and I see no shame in that as I've said on previous posts I am 99 - 98% out. I just don't see it as all that I am and so therefore not willing to make a big deal of it.

Today however I feel that I have passed through a coming of age ritual for gay men. I just spent a sunday with a pint of ice cream (Vanilla, not my first choice but definate goodness to be had) watching the first disc to Desperate housewives (love it!!). I also tried to bake a loaf of bread and clean the house.

Isn't that some sort of coming of age test for Gay men? Am I a Man?

Well anyway... the Bread didn't come out so well (I forgot the yeast until it was too late so it wouldn't rise and had to be sacrificed, don't worry however it seemed happily engaged with something in the garbage and didn't want to be interupted when I took out the trash)

But other than that I think that I did what most straight men are unable or unwilling to do, I don't mean to stereotype, it's just been my expirience.

We are also entertaining tonight. My friend and his new bride are coming over for dinner. I am a little nervous because I am not involved in this dinner party much and so don't know how much I am expected to perform. It also makes me kindof nervous that these friends don't know that I am gay. Not again that I am embarassed, it's just I don't know if It will dominate the party, ruin the party, or what will happen. They just got married and I have never met his wife, and so I think that on our first meeting I drop that bomb. Could get a little messy. Am I being a pussy? Oh well, I don't care.

NE way...

I kindof like living like this. I like to cook for people. it's fun. I don't like to do it every day, but it is fun for a while.
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style