Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I am in a contemplative mood... I'm not mad Damn it!!

I have been thinking alot today about this movie...

Sorry the picture is soo small, I can't seem to find an image of the poster that will get bigger and work with Blogger... maybe I will get better at it as time goes on...

I just saw Brokeback Mountain Yesterday at the Only Theatre in Utah that is showing it. and that theatre is about 50 miles away. (If that isn't dedication I don't know what is) And it truely affected me.

I am always surprised when there is a movie that can make me feel about it long after I watch it. Alot of movies make me think about them long after I watch them but very rarely can a movie make me feel about it for a long time after watching it. And I barely even cried during it. (I thought I would be bawling like a baby, but they only got me in the end)

I was struck with the sadness of the whole situation. I mean it really sucked. There were no real good guys or bad guys, which I reallly enjoy in a movie. You feel for everyone in the movie and it just feels bad.

I don't want to give you the wrong impression, I really liked the movie. (I have decided after a night of just pondering and processing) It's just that the situation sucked for everyone involved.

It's such a problem right now in our world. I hate the closet. I think that the closet is a death trap. A death trap for the soul. I find it funny that when I was in the closet I had such a hard time imagining a world outside the closet, now that I am out I find it hard to imagine life in the closet again. I just can't fathom life there anymore and I am tearing up right now thinking about people who are terified for their lives because of the closet. I don't mean to seem Melodramatic, but it is all soo sad.

Watch This Movie Today.
dlb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mr dlb style